Labels

Painting Guides by Codex

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Iron Warriors Mk III Tactical Squad - Now more irony!

Notice the difference between the (new) more irony version and the darker (old) version on the right.

Steve here, and I wanted to show you an upgraded version of my Iron Warriors Tactical Squad (or veteran squad in Horus Heresy). I decided to lighten them up after some feedback across different sites. Here is a link to my original post (link).

I take comments and critiques to heart and decided to make a quick adjustment based off of feedback last week. I see this as a benefit that being part of the community provides.

Please let me know what you think!







I had some comments that told me they were too dark and did not have the iron color that makes up their namesake. I had also had some harsh comments suggesting that they looked like they were dropped in dirty water. Doing so would have definitely saved some time!


I trust our community and decided to brighten the models up with a drybrush of Necron Compound across the silver parts of the model. Please let me know what you think and thanks for the comments.





6 comments:

  1. I think both look good mate, In the end its what you like that counts.

    Iron Within Brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I deferred to the group on this one because I do not have a strong background knowledge of the Iron Warriors.

      Delete
  2. Honestly either version worked fine for me. I knew exactly what they were by looking at them and they look well.

    Glory to the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Much appreciated. The Rhino is next on my list.

      Delete
  3. I think the first version was fine, but I do like the look of the models with the Necron compound added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Was a pretty easy addition. I was ready to move on from the models, so whatever changes I made had to be quick.

      Delete