Labels

Painting Guides by Codex

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch Oh, the Horror! Day 1: Happy Automatons


Steve here, and I have been looking forward to this moment. This is the first day of a group of Horror-themed posts that should carry through for the week or so. I call it - Oh, the Horror!

This is day 1 of this set of posts, the completion of a group of 10 pink horrors!

Future days will include blue horrors and the new brimstone horrors, as well as painting guides for each.

I will also be tracking the history of the horror and look at their rule changes over time to get a feel for what horrors truly are in the world of Warhammer 40k.

So, please enjoy a week of horror at Fortress Erioch!








Pink Horrors of Tzeentch are such a joy to paint. In almost no time, you have some tabletop ready models. If you want to dig deeper though, you will find so many little details to paint on these guys. They are hot on the battlefield and look great large groups. This is only my first group of many.


Their split special rule allows them to be a force multiplier by adding free points to your army for awhile. With their daemon saving throws and opportunities to improve them through the ways of Tzeentch, they are darn survivable.


Do you like the slimy tongues? After clear coating the models, I add a shiny 'ard coat to the models


I loved painting the banner here.

Saying that, I do not much care for the way that these models split, and I will talk about that more in a later post. 

Please let me know what you think of these models, I would love to have you join us for a discussion about Horrors!




7 comments:

  1. Yeah I found them fun minis to paint as well, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Have you painted the blues or brimstones yet?

      Delete
  2. A full week of horrors! I was happy when I saw they brought back the fluff of pink horrors splitting into two blue horrors. If I ever get into demons it will have a ton of horrors, they are so much fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I keep coming back to the question of why chaos is so fun to paint? I need to understand the fluff more and see why they decided to add Brimstone Horrors to the pipeline.

      Delete
  3. I'm working on clearing up a bunch of half-finished projects and getting them off the table right now, and when I'm done with that, the plan is to pull out all the primed Tzeentch stuff I have sitting around and just do a massive basecoating session, get them all up to three colour minimum. Then later go back and pick out more of the details, because they are awesome, but right now I just want to get them to the point where I can play with them.

    Also, I love that you do the 'Ard Coat on the tongues as well. My group all thought I was weird for doing that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Last step 'Ard Coat is great for daemons and Tyranids. I am about to use it on an Eldar Vyper in a few moments. I have found a lot of ways to use it over the years.

      Do you collect a lot of Tzeentch? I am new to it.

      Delete
    2. I'm fairly new to it myself. Basically started after I got Silver Tower and then some buddies wanted to check out AoS, but I didn't want to commit, so I went for expanding my Daemons. Have a bunch built, but little painted, because I'm a total hobby butterfly, and also life stuff.

      I have been into Chaos in general for almost 20 years now, tho. Alpha Legion CSM were my first Army, back in 2nd Ed.

      Delete