Monday, February 6, 2017

#Squaduary Update - Can Wraithblades look too awesome?


Spoticus here with my week 1 update for #Squaduary (link) from Stepping Between Games. This has been a busy week, and I would like to be a day or two ahead of where I am with posting about my progress. At first I was concerned that these Wraithblades looked too stylized (read: awesome) to match the ghost warrior slowly advancing up the field, but apparently these warriors are unlike their wraithguard brethren in the fluff.

My goals for this week are to create a squad of Wraithblades and a squad of Iron Warriors. I might have a few last minute builds tomorrow before week one runs it's course.

Behold the mighty Klaivaulch!



Wraithblades are the most feared of the wraithguard, and are apparently kept separate from the other wraith constructs.

When they are needed for battle, they are awoken by a Spiritseer, and they become unstoppable through their fury (unless you have poison weaponry).
 Let's be real here. These guys look like they know they look cool. I had some internal conflict about whether they should look less like individuals (read: awesome) to match what I knew about wraith constructs.

There is something to be said about character though.




The build was not difficult, but there are many pieces here, so these did take me more than one sitting to clean and build. I was amazed at how tall these guys were when compared to Dhrakk's scouts that he was building next to them. Here is his progress through week 1 (link).


These will be basecoated next week in white and I will be painting them in Iyanden colors. I really look forward to it, and am really excited to continue with Squaduary!


What do you think? Are they too stylized? I would love to hear your comments.

Oh, and I built this too. I'm thinking WS2, S6, T5, 4W!


9 comments:

  1. Looking well chief. You have done those models a justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot man. Looking forward to getting some paint on them!

      Delete
  2. Looking good! Might be a pain to transport with all their poses, but that is the price you pay for looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I am level 1 when it comes to transporting anyway. Cardboard box and expecting to use glue once I get there is about all I got!

      Delete
  3. I always found these guys to look so flipping cool. Almost no one uses them, which is highly disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I think they could be great coming out of an assault vehicle though. The power axe Wraithblades are a little more survivable.

      Delete
  4. Those are awesome poses! The new(ish?) wraith kits are really nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great. Been sitting in a box for nearly 2 years... maybe 3. Unacceptable. That is why Squaduary was such a great idea at a great time.

      Delete