Tuesday, December 27, 2016

+++ Azhek Ahriman Complete and Angron WIP +++

Angron Primarch of the World Eaters


 I bought this model a few years ago, and had not finished either the assembly OR the painting of the model. Frustrating to jump in after not completing the model for over a year.

Today's focus was the base, the silver, and the red leather. BTW - these were two models on my quiz posted two days ago.

Here is how I painted:


Read Leather:

1. I painted all of the red as Khorne Red first.
2. I then painted the metal attachments to the leather in Retributor Armor.
3. I used Leadbelcher to mark all of the metal rivets? on the leather.
4. I washed the leather with Agrax Earthshade.
5. I finished with a highlight of Evil Sunz Scarlet

Chains:

1. Base in Leadbelcher.
2. Wash with Nuln Oil.
3. Highlight with Runefang Steel

Axe:

I will add to this when I focus on these later.

I did the same with the chains, but added some Typhus Corrosion.


Base:

I based the base =) in Mechanicus Standard Grey and Rhinox Hide. I then added a layer of Leadbelcher where appropriate.

I then washed the base in Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade. Which part I washed with which depended on the object. Stone and metal - Nuln. Dirt - Agrax.

I painted the marine Angron was stepping on as a Legion World Eater. Other than making him a little more dirty, and adding Typhus Corrosion. I used the painting guide 'Burning of Prospero', which is fantastic.

Note - his skin is only basecoated at this point.

 Azhek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons Completed



 I really enjoyed this painting opportunity. I used the Burning of Prospero guide for this model as well.

I have been wanting to buy a second model to use this painting guide to compare by the Apathetic Fish.

I still have some dead grass to add to the model. I used the same painting guide to add the Space Wolf under the foot of Ahriman.

The most troubling part were the glyphs on his front cloak. I do not necessarily like the glowing effect I created. I will think about that.







So what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment