Labels

Painting Guides by Codex

Saturday, November 19, 2016

+++ 40k Khorne Daemonkin Kharn the Betrayer Painting Guide +++

Kharn the Betrayer Painting Guide

'KILL! MAIM! BURN! KILL! MAIM! BURN!'

It was tough to find a painting guide for the new Kharn to use when the model came out. Thankfully we have the YouTube channel - Paint for the Glory.

I was able to use this guide after some modifications (I do not use an airbrush or Vallejo colors yet). I will post the modifications that I have used with this.



Time required and difficulty:

I do not believe this was a difficult painting task, and probably took 2-3 hours to complete. I am happy with the result, though it is brighter than I am used to. I do not generally prime in white.

A great part of this video was that not EVERY piece of the model was covered in the guide, so I was forced to improvise in areas, and that always is good to build confidence.

Link to painting guide:

Here. By Paint for the Glory. This is a good YouTube Channel to follow.

Paint substitutions:

Vallejo Elf Skintone -> used Bugman's glow and followed up with a wash of Reikland Fleshshade. I then highlighted with Cadian Fleshtone and Kislev Flesh.

Vallejo Cavalry Brown - used Mournfang Brown

Not clearly stated:

I washed his hair with Drakenhof Nightshade.

I painted the glowing eyes and lenses with Warpstone Glow with a wash and brightening of Moot Green and a glaze of Waywatcher Green for glow.

Enjoy and Good Luck!










No comments:

Post a Comment